Thursday, April 13, 2006

The second year, at dusk

As I sit in the downtown library enjoying the sun from the saftey of UV-blocking glass, I think back on the guantlet that was my 2L year. It is much better think about this stuff now before the grades come in, let alone think about the world outside with its daily car bombings and impending official war with Iran.

I learned more about the first amendment as a "high school teacher" than I did in my Con Law class. I learned more about Criminal Procedure, Tax Law, Constitutional law, etc. at my job than I did in any class I took. But nonetheless, I think the tuition was worth it to hear some of the great professors and to meet and get to know my future collegues, assuming we all get jobs.

School work was very taxing, especially this trial and journal work, as well as my student organization. But the nice thing is, I am 99% done with that.

Hopefully Bush doesn't think that bombing Iran is the wise thing to do or that it will improve his ratings, because neither is true. He has lied too much to be believable to the American public and bombing Iran will only make things worse.

No comments: