Thursday, April 07, 2005

Phill A[d]. Buster

The Alliance for Justice as a School House Rock chic bullhorn they have named after the most famous procedural rule in the Federal Government.

Let's compare:


The live-action version though is pretty lame:



Or maybe it just makes Teddy Kennedy look even whiter and older.

As much as I think the filibuster should remain, I would like to remind people that those who are supporting now are descendents or even the same people that wanted to do away with it when the filibuster was holding up laws like the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or the Voting Rights Act.

Fun Fact: Strom Thurmond still holds the record for the longest filibuster of 48 hours against letting freedom ring.

Oh and on an unrelated note, check out Google's Maps. They now have incorporated their aquizition of Keyhole to give you a satilite view of your neighborhood. I looked at my old apartments in DC and Boston, as well as my parents house. It looks like they were taken in the spring or fall, I can't tell which. So much fun and so distracting

No comments: