Thursday, March 09, 2006

over the hump

as tired as I am, I feeling pretty good. This week's fundraising has gone really well in my book and I am proud of all the volunteers, all the donors and all the support in general. Lots of people came up to me over the week and expressed their graditude for what our group was doing and all the work we had done to set up every morning, take down in the afternoon, and talk people into donating during the day.

To wit, we have raised nearly $3,000 for needy 1Ls and 2Ls that will be working over the summer for a non-profit or government job that is little or no pay. This sleepiness was worth it. Tomorrow is our last day of constant fundraising and my last early morning set up.

Politically, I loved watching Bush implode over the ports deal, and their weasel out attempts. I am enraged about Intelligence Committee and Pat Roberts in general. What a horrible senator he is because he is acting as a member of the Bush cabinet and not as a member of the legislative branch or representative of the residents of Kansas.

No comments: