Thursday, March 20, 2008

meet Oldenburg jr.

In a break from posts about politics, please welcome the newest resident on The Third Avenue:
To answer a few questions you are bound to ask: the due date is late September/early October, no one knows the gender yet (that's it's arm, not a male organ), and I am totally excited. Freaking out, I assume, will come at a later time.

While this will be the first great-grandchild on both sides of my family (and both of our parent's first grandchild), it will be my wife's grandmother's twenty-fifth great-grandchild from one of her 25 grandchildren. I just blew your mind, didn't I?

Anyway, I have been dying to tell my readers for a while but had to get Mrs. Oldenburg's permission first (I redacted her name from the picture) and make sure das Baby (that's German for baby) was alright. On Monday, we saw it moving about on the ultrasound. I could watch that for hours....

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Congratulations! The freaking out starts when you bring the new one home and realize you're actually responsible for her. Good luck!

Alice said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to you and your wife.

(and give her lots of foot rubs)

The Senate Site said...

Congrats. For me the freakout started in 5:00 traffic on the drive home from Salt Lake Regional... "Hey - not so close - Hey - I've got a BABY in here!"

Enjoy the quiet while it lasts. You're going to be a great dad.

RC