Tuesday, January 26, 2010

present tense

So I was reading an email I got from a fellow political junkie friend of mine and I happened to have noticed the gmail contextual adds. One was for Andrew Cuomo for NY governor, the other was Pat Toomey for the PA senate seat, and the third was for Bob Bennett for the UT senate seat. Let me know if you had the same impression I had:
Bob Bennett For Senate
A Leader Who Will Work For Utah. Support Bob Bennett By Joining Now.
www.BennettForSenate.com/Join
Shouldn't Senator Bennett be a leader who has worked for Utah and wants to continue working for Utah? Maybe I am being reading too much into it, but it almost reads like an admission that he is only paying attention to the public now that he is under serious threat of losing his and his daddy's seat.

Or maybe Bob is singing that Pearl Jam song:
You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets oh...
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
Makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

No comments: