Friday, April 22, 2005

Kwame Mfume for Senate


...you know, I had my doubts before, but after watching him on Hardball talk about John Bolton versus David Drier (that scumball who's days in the House are numbered), he sounded Senatorial to me. And I mean that in the good sense, not the John Kerry can't speak English sense.

While Drier ranted and raved, Mfume calmly explained why it would be a bad idea to have the crazy mustash man run an organization he A) doesn't believe exists B) doesn't think should exist and C) has no respect for diplomacy--whether between countries or even in his own department. Drier tried to make the point that tons of members of congress have bad tempers; true, but they haven't been nominated to be DIPLOMATS.

Chris Mathews channeled his saner self by saying the fudging intelligence questions about Bolton troubled him the most. When Mfume pointed out that it was the same Modus Operendi for justifying the War in Iraq, Mathews went ape because he was part of the media "conspiracy" to support the war.

I only caught like the last 10 minutes or whatever, but the former head of the NAACP/ex-Rep. did an excellant job in my view considering he had two hostle, attention demanding personalities to contend with on the show. If he wins the primary and general, he will have to face about 99 more of these types of egomaniacs in the Senate, so this was a good test to see if he has what it takes. And in my view, he passed with flying colors. Read the transcripts when they come out, you will see what I mean.

No comments: