Wednesday, April 20, 2005

writing levels

After reading a post on the subject by CalPundit, I decided to see how incomprehensible and poorly written my drivel here is. And the results are not pretty:

Readability Results for http://3rdave.blogspot.com
Readability ResultsSummary Value
Total sentences 343
Total words 3,242
Average words per Sentence 9.45
Words with 1 Syllable 2,189
Words with 2 Syllables 693
Words with 3 Syllables 271
Words with 4 or more Syllables 89
Percentage of word with three or more syllables 11.10%
Average Syllables per Word 1.46
Gunning Fog Index 8.22
Flesch Reading Ease 73.45
Flesch-Kincaid Grade 5.36

For whatever it's worth, the computers tell me write at popular novel level while writing at 5th grade level in general. I am pretty sure many of the words I use here I didn't not comprehend back when was in 5th grade, but oh well.

No comments: