Friday, April 01, 2005

The White wine and Mercedes Set



Dear Readers,

My father [and I by implication] have been labeled as the "white wine and Mercedes set" of the Utah Democratic Party by ex-State AFL-CIO president Ed Mayne, now a [Democratic] state senator. [OK so he called my Dad that in 1989, but I didn't know until now]

Personally, we don't drive/own/lease Mercedes. I rarely drive at all these days since I am within walking distance of the law school. Also, I can't remember the last time I had white wine, and that's not because I have blackouts. Also, I don't accept the implication that we are elitists, limousine liberals, who hate labor. Both of us have spent summers delivering linens and picking up dirty sheets and towels around the Salt Lake Valley. I have worked for a 100% rating [from every labor group] state Rep in Massachusetts and my dad is supportive of unions through his work as an attorney and his previous jobs in the political arena.

The whole article is pretty lame, especially given that US Rep. Jim Matheson is backing a labor leader to be state party chair and not an "upper-cruster." But then again, what do you expect from this guy? Bob does no research and bases his stories off calling one person. He is one of the least informed, laziest political columnists I have ever read. And that's saying something.

No comments: