Monday, May 16, 2005

first day on the job

So I don't know how it happened, but somehow I managed to get an awesome summer job that pays: a Law Clerk for SL County. So now I think cannot write about Yocum or Carroon or anything covered by county government because I am part of their legal team.

Also, I cannot talk about all the interesting stuff I see as far as cases and victims etc. But, I can say that the people are very nice, interesting and friendly. I am sure I will work hard but at least right now, I am so pumped and happy. I usually get too excited about a new job, only to get quickly cynical, so I will have to watch out for that. But right now, I am just so greatful to have such a great job.

Plus, I got lots of free stuff (mug, folder, pins) with my this logo on it:

And if that weren't enough, you have to see office supply closet. It is like Noah's Arc. I have great pens and wonderful choices of everything. My female collegues get pink notepads and purple post-its. And one of the out-of-state clerks (from U. of Tulane) is hooked on those rubber covers for your thumb to turn pages: "These things are like GOLD!" I am just happy to have a computer and cublicle near by senior law clerk. Lord knows I will need the help. "Have you taken Crim Pro?" ME: Nope "Evidence?" She asks hopefully. ME: all next year, sorry. I guess I will just learn it on the job.

No comments: