Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm done

After two days of waking up at 6 AM to take a two-day test that lasted 17 hours and two months of solid studying...I am finished!

I feel remarkably OK about the whole thing, even when the power went out the last ten minutes of yesterday's portion of the test. It was so dark in the South Towne Expo Center that I could not see my hand in front of my face. And my first reaction was to laugh. It was just too ridiculous. Good thing that didn't happen the day before, when I was typing my essays on this laptop. Of course, on that day, the program claimed I hadn't registered. One must go online to register and of course, there was no wireless access at the expo center. Luckily the tech support people had a magical USB flash drive that magically registered me and gave me my question files.

Anyway, I don't even want to think about all the questions I got wrong or how well other people did. I am going to try to forget that ever happened until September, when I will start to freak out about whether or not I passed. Meanwhile, I have all kinds of important things to do that I have put off until after the test.

Fist up, read the last Harry Potter. [Don't ruin it for me, I have been looking forward to this for a while.] After that, I want to set up my start date at the Campaign Legal Center, where I will be interning this fall. Next, get everything ready for our trip to Montana. If I have time, I will see if there are any job openings to apply for in UT or DC.

Of course, I can't get these all done today, but I will try to do most. I might even just take a nap. If you feel like commenting, write what thing you would most like to do if you got a sudden day of freedom from work, school, kids, etc.

And thanks for sticking with me.

1 comment:

Misty Fowler said...

I'd probably wash my Jeep, edit my blog so it looks better, and sleep the remainder of the day away.

Congrats on getting the test taken!