Monday, January 07, 2008

wash your hands

On Saturday, my wife and I had lunch with a friend from high school (and her husband) that we lost touch with.  Another couple that met due to our mutual high school was supposed to join us but the female was sick.  The friend we did have lunch with said there was a bug going around her household and that her siblings, mom, and children were all feeling badly.  

We thought that was too bad, but never really put much more thought into it.  Yet early this morning, I suddenly got violently ill and could keep anything down until about 10 am. 

While I am starting to feel better I want to warn everyone to wash their hands and drink OJ.  

Ifnally got through reading some blogs about the state of things in NH.  It seems clear that Obama will win there and in SC, where sme polls have him now up 20 points. 

What troubles me is how biased the media is towards their the candidates they hate (Clinton, and to a lesser extent Huckabee) and they love (McCain, and to a lesser extent Obama).  It really is disgusting how misoginistic the coverage has been towards Hillary at times.  I saw the clip of her geting "teared up" and I thought it was a real genuine moment by her.  She really does believe that she is the best person for the job and is confused why people would rather opt for Obama, who she thinks has no clue how to do things.  

When John Edwards get choked up, the media (if they cover him) say he is being passionate, but with Hillary, she is weak.  Or if she attacks Obama, she is "shrill" ...please.

It seems like sexism is going to take longer to get over than I thought.

2 comments:

Misty Fowler said...

You think Hillary is confused about why people would rather opt for Obama? Or that Obama thinks she has no clue how to do things?

Hillary very much knows how to do things. If they are her way. She will not be a president who is president of the people, rather she would be president, period.

I doubted her getting teared up, though I hadn't had a chance to view it, yet. But, after this fiasco, I'm guessing her emotions probably did come through.

I would love to support the first woman president of the United States, but I believe Hillary would be a disaster, and a mistake.

Just my $.02.

Misty Fowler said...

P.S. Sorry you got sick. I had that, and some of my family did, too. It sucks big time! Glad you're feeling better.