Friday, May 28, 2004

Check, Check, 1, 2, 3, check

No, this post is not about roadies, it is about my friend Dave K, who is working for a government contractor down in New Mexico. I just got a call from people doing a background check on Dave and if you knew him, the questions would be hillarious.

This guy is the most law-abiding nice guy I have ever met, who is still fun to be around and not self-righteous (unlike our previous postee). They ask me if he lives within his means (is a dealer), if he does drugs, is noisy (desides video games or watching Top Gun?), if he has friends with foreign nationals, if he has traveled outside of the country, etc.

Anyway, the lady had a nice southern twang and it went pretty fast (I mostly answered "not to my knowledge" or "no" when I wasn't gushing about Dave). You can't joke around with those people, they really don't get it. How cool would it be to have a friend with access to classified stuff, even if he will never talk about any of it?

No comments: