Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Darn, lost laugh

Yesterday, I went onto Nader's site out of morbid curriousity. I found a fundraising ticker with a whopping $651 dollars for the week. OK it was Tuesday but that is freaking pathetic. But I waited too long, becuase a few other morons gave him money and how it is at $27,067-- more than I take home in a year, but not enough to print out enough posters to cover Panguitch, UT.

Still, who are these people that give Nader money? Those people that give loose change to fountains in the mall? Probabbly more like the ones that give cash to homeless people.

Their heart's in the right place, no doubt (except the Bush supporters), but there are better ways to do what they are trying to do, even with less money (both in the case of helping the homeless and getting rid of "corporatism" in America). Maybe they are helping Kucinich run ads in Oregon now too. I call them the St. Jude-ists, after the patron saint of lost causes.

PS The Utah GOP primary is on Sunday and I am excited to find out who will face the Matheson boys (Jim-- 2nd Congressional District, Scott Jr.-- Governor) in November. PPS watch Ken Salazar's 2 minute (I know that is super long in TV terms) ad here (Windows Media Player Required, sorry).

No comments: