Tuesday, July 19, 2005

tired of waiting

Right now I am waiting until it is 6 o'clock and I can get off work. So I can wait to see if my copy of Harry Potter has arrived 4 days late (thanks Amazon), so I can wait a week to find out how to add/drop courses for next year. Before that, I get to wait until Bush announces his Supreme Court nominee, so I can wait for the information and nomination process, so I can wait for Patrick Fitzgerld to counter the distraction by handing down grand jury indictments on folks like Karl Rove.

And then I can wait to find the perfect house/condo, so I can make an offer, and wait to find out what the buyer thinks, and then wait until closing. So I can live in a cramped basement apartment on a month-to-month basis, or move back in with my parents.

When I was younger, I kept hearing people telling me to wait until I was older, and I still feel like I am waiting for something, until I am done with law school, until 2008/impeachment, until whatever. Well, as someone who was diagnosed with ADD as a child, I can't stand waiting (any longer). Some say life is a journey. I am begging to wonder if it isn't just a line at the DMV.

No comments: