Saturday, August 21, 2004

And now the real fun begins

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was quite busy, what with the fake exam at 8:30, joining the Public Interest Law Organization ($20 and I got a t-shirt), buying textbooks, trying to save 5% via my U card (and the machine wouldn't take the new, multi-colored twenties. Grand total: $435), trying to convince a professor to let me into a Academic Support Program, going to a wedding photographer ($600/hr), then to a spouse/family law school BBQ, doing some contracts homework for Tuesday (boring), and finally playing Maj Jongg with my fiancee's parents. Her dad got so tired that he fell asleep during his turn, so we stopped.

This morning they are going to two wedding cake shops and a musican's house (for the band at the wedding reception, of course). At one PM, my fiancee and I are going to a spouse program that will teach them what we law students are going through (she has to brief a case) and will give some general counciling for couples undergoing this process. Meanwhile, her parents (and brother) will go up to Park City for the afternoon.

So far I am feeling OK about law school. Or at least I was until I saw the actual assignments. Torts seems like it will be interesting but contracts, I just don't really care about. But I suppose it is a basic part of the law and I need to learn it if I want to be a hot shot or even to graduate, let alone pass the bar.

Anywho, I should get back to work since her family left me her because I told them I had to do my homework.

No comments: