Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I can't believe it

Wow...I watched, and yet it feels like a movie, I am shocked. I called up my friends to hear what is happening in Beantown right now (Bedlam) but I was at a loss for words between the cheers and the honks.

Right now, I wish I could be there, to run and hug and high-five perfect drunken strangers in the street. To share with my fellow resident the joy after years of sorrow and disappointment. I have to hand it to the Red Sox, I wanted to believe, but I had my doubts because well they have always broken my heart, and I have only been a fan since 1998. If they win the world series, they will be kings of New England.

I hate to add politics in this evening, but do who do you suppose will throw out the first pitch? Hopefully, John Kerry throws a strike and goes up a couple points in New Hampshire and other states that value that kind of stuff in a president, like how people raved about Bush's pitch in 2001. That pitch was unfortunately a featurette on ESPN one time and I had the misfortune of flipping the channel just when our cheerleader in chief described in excruciating detail his pitch and NY Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter's coaching. With every chuckle and smirk, grew closer and closer to vomiting. It was test to see how long I could stand of it...now I am think that is what I would see in my Orwellian Room 101.


OK now to shake out that terrible image and replace it with happy frat boys with their backwards caps screaming on Boylston St. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments: